Basic Philosophy and Management Policy
Focused policy-based financing
Following the national policy, provide flexible policy-based financing by utilizing a variety of financing programs and schemes to meet the needs of society, while complementing the activities of private financial institutions.
Strive to conduct highly transparent and efficient business operations based on a high level of corporate governance and hold itself accountable to the public.
Furthermore, JFC is committed to becoming a self-governing organization continuously evaluating and improving its activities.
1. Exercise of safety net functions
- Perform policy-based financing functions to the greatest extent possible and respond agilely to demands for safety net services due to natural disasters, pandemics, economic change, etc.
2. Contribution to the growth and development of the Japanese economy
- JFC will respond properly to meet the diverse needs required for policy-based financing including support for the creation of new businesses, business revitalization, business succession, overseas expansion, new expansion of agricultural, forestry, and fisheries businesses, and review of business taking into consideration environmental and energy measures intended to create a sustainable society as well as changes in the business environment caused by pandemic in accordance with national policies and will contribute to the growth and development of the Japanese economy.
3. Contribution to regional revitalization
- A. Promote support to demonstrate vitality of SMEs and micro/small businesses and agricultural, forestry, and fishery businesses sustaining regional economies by creating and maintaining employment, etc.
- B. Promote coordination with local communities and contribute to regional revitalization by ascertaining results in regions that have been affected by changes in the business environment from the pandemic and participating in regional projects such as comprehensive strategies of the local government.
- C. Commit to contributing to local communities by expanding activities rooted in local areas.
4. Improving customer service
- A. JFC is committed to being a familiar and reliable organization that responds with compassion from the customer's perspective.
- B. JFC will fully understand its role in policy-based financing and appropriately operate systems, improve the quality of services by augmenting consulting functions and capacity, and respond promptly and precisely to the needs of a range of clients requiring policy-based financing, by leveraging funds and information.
5. Use digital technologies to promote efficient business operations that show awareness of
environment and energy issues
- A. To promote enhancement of customer services and rationalization and greater efficiency in administrative operations, put in place efficient information systems using state-of-the-art technologies.
- B. Responding to active improvement proposals from staff, work to rationalize administrative operations and realize efficient business operations.
- C. Contribute to society by promoting corporate activity that shows awareness of environment and energy issues.
6. Creation of a rewarding workplace
- A. Encourage diversity and create workplaces where staff can fully utilize their capacities with pride and a sense of mission.
- B. Achieve diverse and flexible working styles by expanding telework and other measures.
- C. Further promote career opportunities for women, including the active appointment of female employees to managerial positions and by promoting career development for women.
- D. Boost training to increase the quality and ability of each employee's professional expertise for conducting policy-based financing.
7. Engage in enhancement of risk management system and entrenchment of compliance
- From the perspective of corporate governance, enhance risk management system and instill strong compliance awareness into management and staff.