Overview of Operations
JFC is a policy-based financial institution that aims to complement financial activities carried out by private financial institutions and contributes to the improvement in the living standards of Japanese people.
Major Business Operations of JFC
Micro Business and Individual Unit
The Micro Business and Individual Unit (Micro Unit) acts as a community-based financial institution. It provides business loans to micro/small businesses and business start-ups, and educational loans to individuals who are in need of funds for school entrance fees and other educational expenses.
Characteristics of JFC-Micro Business Loans
- Supporting Micro/Small Businesses
- Demonstrating Safety Net Functions
- Supporting Business Start-ups Proactively
- Establishment of Business Start-up Support Centers and Business Support Plazas and Providing Support for Business Start-ups and Second Business Start-ups
- The Micro Unit Proactively Supports Businesses that Take on the Challenge of Innovative New Technologies
- Supporting Social Business Actively
- Actively Supporting Businesses Seeking for Overseas Expansion
- Supporting Business Revitalization and Succession Actively
- Collaboration with Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Societies of Commerce and Industry, Environmental Health Trade Associations, and Regional Financial Institutions
- Educational Loans for School Entrance Fees and Related Expensess
- Providing Loans Secured by Governmental Pensions or Mutual Pensions
Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Food Business Unit
Through providing loans, etc. to businesses in agriculture, forestry and fishery industries as well as the food industry in Japan, the Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Food Business Unit (AFFF Unit) contributes toward strengthening of these industries while ensuring the stable supply of safe and high-quality foods.
Characteristics of Business Loans
- Food Processing and Distribution Industry
- Exercising Safety Net Functions Following Disasters and Changes in Business Conditions
- “Sixth Industrialization” Development and Export Measures
- Support for New Farmers and New Entrants to Agriculture
- Consulting Activities through Project Assessment
- Supporting Business Succession of Customers
- Providing a Wide Range of Management Support Services
- Support for Private Financial Institutions in the Agricultural, Forestry, and Fisheries Sectors
Small and Medium Enterprise Unit
Through its various functions such as Loan Programs and Credit Insurance Programs, the Small and Medium Enterprise Unit (SME Unit) financially supports the growth and development of SME's and micro businesses which are the source of Japan's economic vitality at both the national and regional levels.